What is Cosmelan and Dermamelan?
Cosmelan and Dermamelan is a skin whitening treatment that allows you to effectively reduce various types of discoloration. This comprehensive depigmentation treatment includes a whitening mask, which is applied in an aesthetic medicine office, and a whitening cream, which is applied independently at home as a continuation of the therapy. The mask and cream contain the same active substances, but the mask has a higher concentration. Such a high concentration of active compounds serves to create a high gradient of depigmenting substances, which favors their accumulation in the stratum corneum. And the continuation of therapy at home consists in applying the cream for the next several months.
The preparation Cosmelan includes the following active compounds:
– Tyrosinol complex – with the activity of a tyrosinase inhibitor that inhibits melanin synthesis – azelaic and kojic acids, which inhibit the synthesis of tyrosinase (an enzyme involved in the formation of melanin), have antibacterial properties and normalize the secretion of sebum,
– alpha arbutin that stops the overproduction of melanin in melanocytes and causes an even distribution of the pigment
– sorrel extract, which has strong tyrosinase inhibiting properties and has anti-erythema properties
– aloe extract with a moisturizing and soothing effect
– smooth licorice extract that supports healing and has antibacterial properties
– vitamin B3 with anti-inflammatory properties
– vitamin E with antioxidant activity
– vitamin A with a rejuvenating effect
– vitamin C supporting collagen synthesis and having antioxidant properties
– bisabolol with a rejuvenating effect
– ethoxydiglycol increasing the penetration of other active ingredients
Dermamelan contains the same active compounds (although in higher concentrations), the composition is enriched with salicylic acid. This ingredient reduces the visibility of pores and normalizes the work of the sebaceous glands, making it perfect for oily and combination skin. Skin discoloration is caused by excessive local accumulation of melanin – the skin pigment. In order to remove discoloration, it is necessary to limit melanin synthesis, as well as remove already accumulated melanin by using substances with an exfoliating and whitening effect. The Cosmelan and Dermamelan therapy enables such effective, comprehensive discoloration removal – in 99% of people, a spectacular effect of reducing the visibility of discolorations is achieved by up to 95%. Of course – as with any therapy focused on removing discoloration – this one does not eliminate the further tendency to hyperpigmentation, so it is necessary to use appropriate prophylaxis.
Indications for Cosmelan / Dermamelan therapy
Depigmentation therapy using Cosmelan and Dermamelan is dedicated to people suffering from discoloration. This treatment allows the discoloration removal:
– epidermal, mixed and skin molasses, which is formed as a result of exposure to the sun and the action of additional factors, such as hormonal disorders or the use of certain medications
– age spots
– post-inflammatory discoloration
Dermamelan – as a treatment with a stronger effect – is perfect for pigmentation changes that are difficult to remove, including discoloration caused by damage that causes an inflammatory process leading to skin hyperpigmentation (acne, laser treatments, peelings, wounds).
The Cosmelan / Dermamelan treatment can also be performed as part of anti-aging prophylaxis. The use of a specialized mask and cream provides the effect of skin lightening, as well as smoothing, narrowing the pores, normalizing sebum secretion and stimulating collagen synthesis.
The course of the Cosmelan and Dermamelan treatments
The first stage of the treatment, performed in an aesthetic medicine clinic, is the application of a mask. An active mask is applied to properly cleansed skin, which the patient washes off at home after a few hours. The time the mask is left on the skin is determined individually and ranges from 3 to 8 hours.
The second stage of the treatment consists in applying the whitening cream, according to the doctor’s recommendations, for about 3 months.
Skin redness, swelling, tension and burning may appear in the first few days after the treatment. The first lightening effect is noticeable after 8 – 10 days for skin phototype IV and V and after 8 – 21 days for phototype I, II and III.
Recommendations before the treatment
Before the planned Cosmelan treatment, skin irritation should be avoided, therefore it is inadvisable to use highly exfoliating preparations or depilation. In addition, one month before the procedure, you should use UV protection, because a fresh tan is not recommended.
After the treatment, it is necessary to use high anti-UV protection – preferably SPF 50+. In addition, it is worth applying preparations with a soothing effect on the skin. It is also necessary to follow the recommendations regarding the use of the cream – its irregular application or early discontinuation of the treatment will negate the current effect and contribute to the skin returning to its original state. In addition, it is inadvisable to use other exfoliating or whitening preparations.
Advantages of Cosmelan and Dermamelan treatments
One of the most important advantages of the depigmentation treatment with the use of a specialized mask and cream is undoubtedly very high effectiveness in the case of all types of discoloration. This method ensures not only the even skin tone, but also a comprehensive improvement of its appearance and rejuvenation. Cosmelan and Dermamelan can be applied to the face skin as well as to the neck, décolleté or back. Another advantage is the ability to perform the procedure at any time of the year. Of course, it is better to perform the treatment in a period with less sunlight, but there are no contraindications for the treatment in spring and summer. However, other discoloration removal treatments cannot be performed in the period of strong sunlight. The advantages of the Cosmelan treatment include the lack of pain.
The most important contraindications to the use of Cosmelan / Dermamelan therapy are:
– skin infections (viral, bacterial and fungal)
– purulent acne lesions
– the tendency to develop keloids
– hypersensitivity to sunlight
– pregnancy and lactation
– allergy to any component of the preparation
– therapy with vitamin A derivatives
– autoimmune skin diseases
– fresh tan.
|Procedure||1 Procedure (PLN)||Package (PLN)||Package (PLN)|